November 2, 2009

November 2

I was just talking with my brother about the good old days. He said, "Dimetapp was so good as a kid that I felt like I could almost drink a bottle of it." I got an old-fashioned case of the giggles as I recalled how much Dimetapp I went through. Sometimes it felt like my mom didn't give me enough and we didn't have too many treats growing up so when she'd leave the room, I'd get a little sandwich bag and dump half the bottle in, tie a knot, and take myself a little recess treat. My dad was in the military and back then they'd give us a certain number of bottles of it for free every month. I could hardly wait for a new month, which meant Treat Time!
P.S. For some strange reason, I won't buy my kids Dimetapp.

2 comments:

  1. Funny thing about your experience i buy tons of it but my kids still don't knw what i taste like or why it always runs out so fast. I call it my so daddy can find a reason to go to work medicine

    ReplyDelete
  2. i might as well be the one to tell you-you might have a drug problem. :(

    ReplyDelete