April 15, 2009

Tax Day

Once upon a time there was a man who went to do his taxes right on April 15, dreading what he would have to reluctantly hand over to the government. His bad attitude really got him in trouble because based upon little jokes he made during the tax process while a police officer did his taxes at the adjoining booth, he was arrested "on suspicion of terrorism." Everybody involved knew he wasn't a terrorist but the police officer had been sick of all the jokes going around about them and wanted to do his part to put an end to it. (It's events like this that give Tax Day such a bad name.) I have a heart so I went to see the man falsely imprisoned so he wouldn't feel so lonely. While there, I took the liberty of telling him how I got my taxes done early and got a huge refund and I'm using the money to take a lush vacation at a sunny destination. I tried to go deeply into each detail to make for better conversation but the man's fury grew and grew. By the end, I think he would have killed me but there was really thick glass there between us so I just smiled and waved goodbye to him. I don't think the incident will make his parole any more likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment